Monday, October 10, 2011

I still don't know why people do this all the time.

Yea! 20 down on Saturday. I was able to complete it in 3.5 hours and I had anticipated about 4, so I was pretty happy with an average 10 min/mile pace. Although when I got done and sat down on my parent's kitchen floor I told my mom that I think I could walk the last 6 and be fine with it. I'm hoping I feel all that adrenaline on the day of the race that you are talking about Ali and that it will help. My calf did start cramping at mile 18 though, so I also did some walk/running home. Don't worry Shay, I started walk/running a little before that as well from boredom and a weak mentality running by myself. One of the biggest things keeping me going was that this was the biggest run and then to tapering.

MB, you'll have to scout out a nice little route to run when you get to DC. I'm going to want to go for short ones thursday and saturday.

I have to say, I am very excited to be done with all of this crazy running in 3 weeks. And to say that I have done a marathon. I only would have done this with you girls! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment