Sunday, October 9, 2011

Twenty-one and onto the taper!

WOO HOO! The big run is in the books, and believe me when I say the next three weeks will be so glorious! I was lucky enough to get to do my "training" run during the Chicago marathon with my friend Emily, so I feel like I had it the easiest of all of us. There were water and gatorade stations every mile, thousands upon thousands of fans cheering us on, music, food...I could go on. I ended up doing 21 with her because her boyfriend took over from there. It got me so excited for our marathon because I know it will be just as awesome but with a lot more meaning because we will be doing it together and will be in our nation's capital. I'm predicting a few tears will be shed by the end of the race.
MB, I talked to my friend's mom who has run DC, and she said that it was by far her favorite marathon, and although it is a little hilly, she really didn't notice the hills at the end because it was such a neat experience finishing by Arlington cemetary and the war memorial. The last 6.2 is a lot of adrenaline, but it is also so mental and requires you to keep telling yourself you can do it...because you can! Shay Shay, don't let this run get you down. I hope the taper does wonders for your IT band, and I have full confidence in your ability to kill it on marathon day.

No comments:

Post a Comment