Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hills, hills, hills!

Week 11 started off well for me, as I was able to fit in the 4, 8, and 4 mile runs during the week, which made it the first week I have had time to do all three runs faithfully. I was feeling good heading into the weekend run, but then I was faced with the daunting task of running my 16-miler in Bloomington. As you all know, Bloomington is a beautiful place to run, but it is also one of the hilliest places in Indiana. I was happy to get some experience with a different kind of terrain (as I've heard there is a small part of our marathon that is kind of hilly), but I decided to switch this weeks run with next weeks run, and ended up doing 12 miles instead of 16. Let's just say the run made me thankful that I live in a very flat part of the country.
As far as weather in Chicago goes, it has been pretty much perfect for running. We only had some scattered rain last week, and the temperature ranged from the mid-60's to low 70's. If we have that kind of weather on race day I will be one happy camper.
Speaking of race weekend, I finally booked my flight and hotel. Tonya B and I are staying at the same hotel as the Robinson/Riley crew. We fly out of Indy Saturday morning and head back Monday evening. We are going to try to do some sight-seeing on Monday if anyone is interested.
Okay, all for now, but I hope you all made it through the weekend run, and I look forward to seeing you all soon!
P.S. What's the word on a possible Chicago visit October 8-9 weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment