Sunday, August 21, 2011

HALFWAY!

I don't normally drive down to 86th street because I feel like it's a pretty far drive. So needless to say, last week when I had to RUN there for our 12 miles, it was pretty daunting. It was not a very enjoyable run. I stopped on the way down at mile 5 for a drink at the water fountain, ran the last block to 86th street and then made it back to the same water fountain where I needed another drink. After about 3 minutes of running again I felt a bad stinging pain in my ankle. I immediately looked under the tongue of my shoe to find three large black ants attacking my ankle! I'm not sure where they came from our how they got into my shoe, but I was not thrilled to have those little guys hitching a ride. I did finally finish the 12 miles but did not feel that great about the run.

So after last week, I decided to change it up a bit and run around bridgewater for the 13.1. I figured it would have a few little hills which would help to train if we have any during the race. Little did I know the entire thing was mini hill after mini hill! I had to take extra water breaks since I was soaked by the first mile not only from the hills but also the weather. I did my run on Friday because I worked sat and today and knew I wouldn't want to do it after that. It was about 70 degrees and overcast but humid as hell! I hope DC doesn't have humidity.

Hopefully you ladies also had a successful run today!

Oh, and where do we find these tasty treats to eat along our runs? MB, where did you buy them?
Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Oh and Ali, where can I find this glide you speak of? I had horrible chafing on this run! I don't know if I want to use vaseline because I know it basically seals every pore up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Henk! You can get the Glide, Gu, and Shot Blocks at Dicks. Bluemile (in the strip mall by Bdubs) also has some of those things. You and your hills get me everytime! I don't know how you do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I walk, and am not able to do 8 minute miles like you do.

    ReplyDelete