Saturday, August 27, 2011

15 Miles...and a PR!

So next week I'll be at my cousin's wedding in Virginia and I thought that attacking 15 miles in the hills of Virginia wasn't such a great idea. Plus, I'll need some legs for dancing the night away. I decided to swap this week and next week....last night. I had mentally revved myself up for a taper week, but thought this would be better later on.

Well the 15 are done, and I was definitely feeling my legs tighten up around mile 10, which wasn't ideal. The best part about running out and back, is that I HAVE to get home somehow, so it's added motivation to just keep moving. Up until now, I knew that I could do the distance from my mini marathons, but this 15 miles was a bit more intimidating. So my PR is just for distance because I've never done 15 miles, but it's at least an accomplishment.

P.S. Can you believe we're heading into Week 10?

1 comment:

  1. NICE JOB MBIZZLE!!!! I bet you are glad to be done with that one and on to a taper. The rest of us will try to struggle through.
    We should try to do at least part of some of our runs we have left together.

    ReplyDelete