Saturday, August 20, 2011

Whooah, we're half way there...

Livin on a prayer! Ok, so maybe I've been waiting a while to bring back our memories from this song in the true spirit of running 13.1 today! I've been a little bit more sore this week and haven't recovered as well between runs, but I was excited to get to the half way point. With a new belt that doesn't bounce up and down the whole time, and some shot blocks that tasted better and went down MUCH easier than the Gu, I had some things going for me which was great! After talking to Shay today, she mentioned trying out the food that the race will give us so that we know what to expect on race day. I hadn't thought of that, so maybe I'll look into for our 15 miler in two weeks! Ahh. Can you believe that we are heading into week 9 of 18?!?!

On a side note, this week we started school and on Monday morning we had a back to school pep rally type deal for teachers at HSE high school. As I was walking in, the girl's soccer team was doing conditioning on the football field. It made me a little bit sad that we weren't all together running crazy sprints with Russell, but I think what we're doing now is pretty dang awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment