Sunday, October 9, 2011

20 miles!!

Well it is officially done! When I started my run it was 52 degrees, and throughout the course of the run the temperature rose 20 degrees! I think that was probably the hardest part of the run because extra mileage didn't feel great but neither did the sun! It took me a while to get going on my run, but I tried to be okay with it knowing that I had a long way to go! It was a little depressing knowing that I would still have 6.2 miles to go after I finished, but hopefully adrenaline will take care of it In my head though, I keep saying that's a long distance for adrenaline... :)

When getting my "food" for the run, the man there said that the last 0.2 of the run is to Iwo Jima which sounds pretty cool, but it is uphill. I guess we need to keep a little gas in us to make it up at the end. He said the road has people cheering 5 or 6 people deep, and that it's pretty surreal. I'm hoping that feeling is still in me at the end!

Ali - I know you were doing yours during the Chicago marathon today with a friend...how was it?
Shay - did you get yours in today without rain?
Henk - saw your brother's comment, hope it was great!
Megs - hope you enjoyed the Bach. party last night

Oh yea...no more "long" runs until the big day!!! Cheers to shorter workouts and refreshed bodies in the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment